Leading weekly magazine in Brazil, “Veja” published in the issue that hit newsstands on Sunday, 23, a ranking of the 10 Brazilian cities that should offer the greatest amount of well-paid jobs in the country over the next years. The survey was done from data monthly released by Brazilian government on creation of jobs.
The rank of “Veja” shows a clear trend of economic growth in small and medium cities. None of the sites on the list has more than 500 000 inhabitants and the first placed, Itabira, has just over 115,000 residents.
Moreover, the list confirms the economic concentration in the southern states of the country. Only Three of the proposed cities are in the North (Amazon) and the Northeast regions. The list:
1) Itabira, State of Minas Gerais. One of the largest producers of iron ore from Brazil since 1940, when Vale (formerly Companhia Vale do Rio Doce) was installed on site. It is estimated that in the coming years the city will receive investments of U.S. $ 10 billion with the arrival of mining companies Anglo American and Manabi. The city should require university professors and engineers.
2) Dourados, State of Mato Grosso do Sul with 16 ethanol and biomass energy, and education center and services a region with 38 municipalities and approximately 1 million residents, the city of 207.500 inhabitants is looking medical and human resources managers, and entrepreneurs in the area of services.
3) Três Lagoas, Mato Grosso do Sul In ten years, the city of 109.600 inhabitants received 54 industries with a total investment of $ 6 billion, including a giant pulp mill Eldorado Brazil. Later this year, Petrobras will open a fertilizer factory. According to Veja, the city needs engineers and technicians in the chemical industry.
4) Saquarema, State of Rio de Janeiro. Traditional tourist destination in the Lakes Region, the city has an industrial hub with ten factories in various sectors and it is estimated that, before long, the city of 79.400 inhabitants have more people working in industry than in public service. Need administrators and engineers.
5) Ipojuca, State of Pernambuco. A 40 km from the capital Recife, this city of 87,900 residents began calling the attention of the country in recent years after the inauguration of the Port of Suape and a thriving industrial district created in 2013 118 jobs with salaries above $ 2,500 USD . The city has great demand for chemical engineers, civil engineers and production engineers.
6) Maragojipe, State of Bahia. The construction of the Estaleiro Enseada do Paraguaçu (EEP) and a naval industrial complex that will be created in your surroundings should transform the city of 45,000 inhabitants in one of the largest economies in the state. The industrial area should receive investments of U.S. $ 750,000, with the creation of four thousand new jobs, with a quarter of the total offering salaries above $ 2,500 USD. Wanted engineers and welders
7) Altamira, Pará State You possibly have heard the Belo Monte Dam, whose construction, in The Amazon has been the target of protests by indigenous communities and environmental activists. The work continues and it is estimated that when it is ready, will require at least 110 skilled workers, especially in construction civil engineering technicians, and doctors.
8) Indaiatuba, State of Sao Paulo. Located between Brazil’s largest city, Sao Paulo, and the second largest city in the state, Campinas, Indaiatuba close to some of the best universities in the country, and joins a very high standard of quality of life with a recent economic development. There are a factory Toyota, a unit of Unilever and the office of John Deere for Latin America. This year alone 300 well paid, including teachers, sales managers, HR managers and accountants jobs must be created.
Oil Platform built in shipyard Estaleiro Enseada do Paraguaçu, em Maragojipe. Photo: Manu Dias/ Secom
9) Vila Velha, Espírito Santo. Usually nobody mentions this small state, understated neighbour of the three largest economies of the country: the states of São Paulo, Rio de Janeiro and Minas Gerais. But the city of Vila Velha, with its 458,000 inhabitants, is knowing how to make good prime location and tormou the domestic oil industry and an important center will receive soon a center of research and development of Petrobras and Transpetro logistic unit.
10) São José do Norte, Rio Grande do Sul shipyard is also the main reason for developing this city. With the implementation of the Shipyards Brazil (EBR), the city, neighboring the capital Porto Alegre, is looking for safety technicians work to deal with this growth in a region that was dedicated to agriculture, social workers, engineers, and designers are required. Now the small town of 26,700 inhabitants must create more than 2,200 job openings, with 150 well-paying jobs.